12/14/12

Bark Park

After getting Aiden on the bus this morning, Maya and I went to the Dog Park. When I took her the other day it was a spur of the moment thing. I wasn't dressed appropriately for a dog park and it was about lunchtime so I was starving. Anyway, I was already grungy from the workout and thought it'd be a fun thing to do this morning. It was. She did not find a friend like she had the first time as most of the dogs there this morning were older and bigger and really had little interest in her as most all of them were there with a dog or two from their own family. But it was a good opportunity for us to roam the grounds, let her sniff it all out, and occasionally romp with another dog for a minute or two. We played fetch too, of course. She stayed with me as I walked all over the park and came each time I called her. If I kept walking while she sniffed, she would quickly realize I was getting further ahead of her and she'd run to catch up. She really did quite well. She is not afraid of other dogs and for the most part will go right up to most all of them to see if they are potential playmates or not. She also was friendly with the people there. She did not jump on anyone (which I loved) and was excited to get attention. I am attaching a picture from the morning playtime; enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment